Thursday, May 13, 2010

Let's talk about Kathryn.

I've been so caught up in updating about new baby that I've neglected my favorite little lady on this blog. Kathryn Fay. Can I just say that every day i wake up and am completely amazed and baffled that Bo and I created someone so extremely beautiful, kind, and smart. I mean truly, she's amazing. I can't wait to be home with her all the time. My favorite thing to do these days it just speak with her... it's amazing how much her little brain knows and a mere 2 years and 9 months. The most exciting (yet, a little bitter sweet) thing she's accomplished lately? L's. The girl has her L's down pat. She used to say pway, siwwy, waugh, wove. Now it's play, silly, laugh, love. What they say is true... they grow up too fast.

Kathryn is also VERY into helping Mom and Dad in the kitchen now. If we're cooking, you better believe she's getting her red chair and helping us mix, stir, pour, measure... whatever. To be honest, it terrifies me because I'm so scared one day she'll meander in there while the stove is on and touch something she isn't supposed to (I did it when i was a kid). We've explained to her that the stove is OFF LIMITS and it WILL hurt her. Most 2 year olds would have to be told that a second time, Kathryn now just reminds us when we're near it that the oven is hot and it WILL hurt us... and tells us to be careful. I can tell you now, she did NOT get that from me. When I was a kid I threw caution to the wind and just did what was fun. She is C.A.R.E.F.U.L. about EVERYTHING. She won't go down steps she'd never been down before with out holding your hand. She won't walk on a sidewalk or in a parking lot with out you re-assuring her that you're right next to her and won't let anything happen to her (and even then she's too worried about the cars that half way there she's begging to be picked up).

She has also recently learned to hold her nose and put her face underwater, but this took a LOT of coaxing and bribery. (it all goes back to the careful gene) She is scared that water will get up her nose or something bad will happen. She'll only stick her head underwater for a brief second, but she's doing it, so we're that much closer to learning to swim.

What else... Oh, she's known her alphabet for a while, but now she knows it by LOOKING at it, and she knows it out of order. She can look at a word and spell it out loud. It makes me proud. So we're that much closer to reading.

Kathryn also, apparently, learned how to create photo albums in my facebook from my iPhone. Wow.

It truly amazes me how quickly kids pick up on technology (I'm going to stop that paragraph right there before I end up sounding like a 90 year old woman.)

Anyhow, I guess I should get back to work, for now.
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment